Family Dentistry – Goodlettsville, IN
Meeting You and Your Family’s Dental Needs
Starting at an early age, good oral health should be toward the top of the list when it comes to establishing positive habits. Apart from brushing, flossing, and rinsing, keeping regularly scheduled dentist appointments are another method of preventive care that results in a healthy mouth. Unfortunately, this is probably the hardest for most people because of time, money, and fear. If you’re tired of running your family all over town to make it to different dentist appointments, opt for a family dentist in Goodlettsville who offers dentistry services to the entire family! To find out how you can get started, contact us to set up your appointments today!
Benefits of Seeing a Family Dentist
For many patients and their families, having one dentist makes all the difference in the world. Some of the benefits of seeing a family dentist include:
- Convenience – No more driving all over town and wasting precious gas. By having everyone see Dr. McClain, this eliminates the multiple appointments at different locations.
- Comfort – Especially when you have children, it is nice to have an established relationship with your dentist in Goodlettsville. This will not only benefit you as you stay on top of your child’s oral health, but it will make your child feel more comfortable knowing they’re seeing someone their parents trust.
- No shuffling or losing medical records – When moving between dentist offices, records can get lost. This mostly pertains to children as they move from a pediatric to a general dentist in Goodlettsville. A family dentist will have all their records on file without ever needing to transfer or move them.
Our Goodlettsville Smiles dental office offers a wide variety of dentistry services, including:
- Dental Sealants
- Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Mouthguards and Sportsguards
- Fluoride Treatment
- Nightguards for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- At-Home Oral Hygiene Products
- Wisdom Tooth Extractions
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Dental Crowns
How Often You Should See Your Dentist
The American Dental Association recommends that you schedule regular dentist appointments every six months. This will include a general checkup and cleaning, both of which are crucial to maintaining good oral health.
These six-month cleanings allow Dr. McClain and her team to examine your mouth for tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, and more, ensuring that problems are addressed in their early stages. They also allow our highly skilled dental hygienists to thoroughly clean your teeth, making them less susceptible to harmful bacteria that can come into contact with our teeth, gums, and overall oral cavity.
Tips for Practicing Good Oral Hygiene at Home
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled head for a full two minutes, twice a day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste to strengthen tooth enamel and protect against tooth decay.
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Keep your regularly scheduled dental appointments.
- Limit the amount of sugar you consume, as it can lead to harmful bacteria burrowing holes in your teeth, causing cavities.
- Avoid hard candies and food to prevent damage and excessive wear on your teeth.