Emergency Dentist – Goodlettsville, TN
Emergency Dental Care Without the Wait
At Goodlettsville Smiles, we treat dental emergencies all the time, and NONE of our urgent patients ever say, “Oh yeah, I totally knew it was going to happen!” Dental emergencies only pop up when you least expect them, and should you ever find yourself in the middle of one, know that Dr. McClain, your trusted emergency dentist in Goodlettsville, TN, and our dental team are ready to help. We do our best to see emergency patients the same day they call us so you can get the emergency dental care without the wait! Just give us a call, and we’ll work to see you and get you out of pain as soon as possible.
Why Choose Goodlettsville Smiles for Emergency Dental Care?
- Experienced & Compassionate Dental Team Focused on Your Wellbeing
- Same-Day Appointments Available for Emergency Patients
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Flexible Financing Available
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
The first thing you should do in a dental emergency is give us a call. From there, here’s what you can typically expect:
- We’ll schedule you a same-day appointment: We always go above and beyond to see emergency patients as quickly as possible. We’ll also give you first-aid instructions for handling your emergency until you can reach us.
- Get an emergency exam with Dr. McClain: Your Goodlettsville emergency dentist Dr. McClain will see you for an examination as soon as you arrive at our office. She’ll take any necessary X-rays and get you out of any severe pain.
- Review the findings & make a plan: Next, Dr. McClain will review her findings with you and discuss which treatments she recommends to address the issues you’re facing. Together, you’ll make a treatment plan to get your oral health back on track.
- Get the care you need: Once you’ve created a treatment plan, we’ll get to work right away preserving your teeth, repairing any damage, and getting you out of pain.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies tend to happen due to one of two reasons. Either someone has ignored their oral hygiene for a while and has developed a dental infection, or they’ve been in some kind of accident. In either case, both usually involve quite a bit of pain, and the best thing to do is to call our dental office right away. That way, we’ll be able to see you ASAP and take care of your problem! Here are 11 of the most common dental emergencies we treat here at Goodlettsville Smiles.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
There are many ways to treat a dental emergency, and it all depends on a patient’s particular situation. Minor toothaches, for example, might just require a small filling to be fixed, but more severe ones may call for a root canal and a crown. We’ll quickly assess your situation and figure out the quickest and most conservative way to solve your problem. If you require costly care, don’t worry, as low-to-no-interest financing is always available.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
- Wear a mouthguard whenever you play sports, whether the game involves physical contact or not. About 40% of all dental injuries are due to sports!
- Don’t chew on ice, pens, pencils, or any other hard objects.
- Don’t use your teeth to open packages or remove tags—grab the scissors!
- Brush and floss consistently to keep your teeth strong and free of decay.
- Visit Goodlettsville Smiles for routine checkups so we can catch a small problem before it can turn into an emergency later!
Dental Emergency FAQ’s
No one ever expects a dental emergency to happen to them, but they’re far more common than you might think. If you find yourself suddenly needing an emergency dentist in Goodlettsville, do you know what to do? Don’t worry; Dr. McClain and the rest of our team at Goodlettsville Smiles will be by your side every step of the way to help you through this difficult time. Until your appointment, it may soothe your worries to read through the answers to a handful of frequently asked questions about dental emergencies.
Should I Visit the Emergency Room for a Dental Emergency?
Unfortunately, most emergency rooms do not have the equipment or training necessary to effectively treat dental emergencies. At most, they might be able to prescribe pain relievers or antibiotics, but afterward, they’ll often refer you to a dentist anyway. To save time and money, you should contact our office if you have a dental emergency in Goodlettsville.
There are three main exceptions where it’s a better idea to visit the ER:
- A fractured or dislocated jaw
- Deep lacerations or cuts to the mouth or face
- Severe swelling that makes it difficult to breathe or swallow
In these situations, head straight for the nearest emergency room to get the immediate care you need. Then, schedule an appointment with us. That way, we can make sure you don’t need any additional dental treatment.
Will My Toothache Go Away On Its Own?
In general, toothaches do NOT go away on their own. They actually tend to worsen the longer you go without treatment, because tooth enamel cannot repair itself in the same way that most other body parts can. For that reason, it’s important to give us a call if your tooth is hurting. That way, Dr. McClain can examine the area and determine the reason for your tooth pain. By administering prompt treatment, she can prevent whatever is causing your pain from worsening and save you from requiring more invasive (and pricier) procedures down the road.
My Chipped Tooth Doesn’t Hurt. Do I Still Need to Visit?
Yes. While a chipped tooth isn’t as urgent as a knocked-out tooth, you should call us to schedule an appointment within a day or two of the incident. Even if the tooth doesn’t hurt, the chip could give bacteria an opportunity to infect its inner chambers and cause an intense toothache. Give us a call so we can prevent that from happening.
What If I Can’t Afford Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dental exams are typically not that expensive. However, the services most commonly used to treat hurting or broken teeth cost more than a routine checkup and cleaning. That being said, the last thing you want to do is put off the care you need because of worries about cost. If anything, waiting too long could result in the need for costlier procedures.
Goodlettsville Smiles welcomes most dental insurance plans and can make the claims process nice and easy. If you don’t have insurance, we also provide payment plans through CareCredit. Most of these plans have little to no interest rates!